Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Off to Barcelona

Only 3 more days left and I will be jet-setting across the globe to beautiful Barcelona, Spain.  Wow I cant believe it is almost here...it seems like I've been waiting for this forever.  I finally got my okay to go from GWU. I've been running around Bozeman like a mad woman running lots of last minute errands, and doing a little shopping here and there.  Now i just have to pack...what do I bring?  Can I really live out of one suitcase for a whole semester? Wow thats going to be very difficult!  It just gives me more incentive to pack less so I can buy more in Europe. Mom's already cut out a bunch of articles about places to eat, shop, visit etc... typical Carol.


I am so excited about this trip.  Its going to be such an amazing experience and I cant wait to perfect my Spanish and maybe pick up a little Catalan.  As sad as I am to leave the comfort of my home in Montana and my routine in DC I could not be happier about being able to spend a semester learning a new culture, language and eating new food.  I will start one class at Universitat Pompeu Fabra the day after I arrive so i'm really getting thrown right into it.  I'll be living in an apartment with 3 other girls in my program, who are all from the U.S.  People keep asking me where I plan on traveling while i'm abroad and I've been having a really hard time deciding which places to go to...so i'm composed a little list of where I want to go:


-Obviously travel all over Spain.
-Venice, Italy
-Amsterdam
-Portugal
-Seville, Spain
-Greece
-Malmo, Sweden (so i can visit Alex Wugk and eat some yummy food)
-Croatia...maybe after i'm done with my program or for spring break
-Paris, France
-And just to say I did it I may have to squeeze in a Ski trip in the Pyrenees

Feel free to comment if you have any suggestions of fun and different places to visit.  Just to let you all know I plan on blogging about amazing meals that I have while traveling so all my readers (and my mom) can vicariously live through me.  Hopefully next time I post I'll be living it up in Barcelona!!

No comments:

Post a Comment