Thursday, January 20, 2011

Still Exploring...


I think that i've been here almost two weeks.  Wow time flies...i still cannot believe that I will be here for a whole semester! I've been doing a lot of exploring around Barcelona and still doing all of the touristy things.  On Sunday the 16th Rob and I went to an FC Barcelona soccer game, which was incredible.  They are probably one of the best soccer teams in the world and there fan base is HUGE! They played a team from Malaga, who arent very good, but it was fun to see Barcelona win.  The game was amazing but I think it's the place in Barcelona where everyone goes to smoke.  Everyone either had a cigarette or a cigar so I smelled awful after the game but it still was still an amazing time! Rob was in Heaven! 

I started classes at IES yesterday and I loved both of the ones I had.  One is called food as an expression of culture (right up my alley) and the other was Catalan cultural studies.  I'm so happy to be taking these classes because I feel like they willa help me immerse myself into the culture of Barcelona more than I would be able to do myself.  The great thing about these classes is that we get to go on a few field trips throughout the semester to certain places around the city. I'll have to let you all know how they go.  I don't have classes on Tuesday's and Thursdays until January 31st because I'm taking them at a UPF (a university in Barcelona).  

Since I didn't have class today Rob and I went to Park Guell.  It was really beautiful and the views of Barcelona were amazing.  Gaudi really was an incredible artist...the mosaic tiles are amazing. Check out the pictures that I posted of the park.  

I've been eating some really interesting food. A lot of ham and cheese.  I havent really had any amazing Tapas yet but I'm still searching! The Patatas Bravas are excellent! They are potatoes with like a red spicy tomato sauce or a white garlic sauce.  I am going to Valencia next week and am so excited for the amazing Paella and these weird grilled onion things.  I'll keep everyone updated on any amazing spanish food I eat, but I havent had anything life changing yet.  

xoxo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment